Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pretty Paper Party - Prompt 3



So on day 3, Shimelle challenged us to use our stuff.
No, really - cut up all of that gorgeous paper and USE IT.
Now I'll be honest. There is 1 paper in my stash that I simply cannot cut up, but it has sentimental reasons, and I know exactly when it will be used and what for. But everything else? Fair game.


My biggest challenge lately has been using stuff that I like, but may not necessarily *LOVE*. Like a few months ago, at Ross, I found a killer deal on some very pretty cardstock. Some of it is totally up my alley (light pink on brown floral, yummy!) but the rest of it...notsomuch. It's pink and green and very sparkly. And I'm just not there. Not much in my life right now is pink and sparkly. 


But hey, it's a challenge, right? So I decided that this was the stash to use for this particular prompt.


The first (and so far, only) layout I made is a double-page layout. I cut up all my papers yesterday, and laid them out last night onto two pages of cream cardstock. And then I glued everything down. And realized that I have no pictures to scrap that would even remotely go with it. So I went to bed.


This morning, I woke up and went to my online albums to find pictures from the Texas State Fair from a few weeks back. We went with my nieces and nephews, and I took roughly 900 pictures (no joke). I was trying to get used to my new camera, so I went a little crazy. I wasn't sure I would find anything, but I thought it would be worth a shot. And you know what? One of my nieces was wearing a pink shirt that day, and one of my nephews wore a green one. And they were eating cotton candy. Pink. SCORE!







This page is not my normal style (I don't really do "bright" - but maybe I should??). But I love it. Of course, with the subject matter, how can you not? 


Oh, and in case it wasn't obvious, this was my very first ever attempt at stitching on a layout. I need practice. But I like the look, and it's pretty simple, so I'll probably try it again. 


Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment